This issue appears to be caused by a bug in Windows 10.
If your tablet goes to sleep every time the screen is touched, please follow these instructions to resolve the issue:
- Wake the tablet to see the Windows desktop background
- Without touching the screen, hold tablet's power button until the screen goes black (approx. ~5+ seconds)
- Wait 5 seconds with tablet off
- Press and hold tablet power button until it powers back on
As soon as you see the normal Windows desktop, use the Windows start menu in the lower left corner to restart the tablet. See screenshot below for details:
- Once the tablet restarts on its own normally, the fix is complete, you can move on and use it once more